At Manning, Rommel & Thode Associates, we have always been committed to maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our patients and staff. For over 20 years, we have been committed to the highest standards of care, treatment, and surgical innovation throughout Lancaster County. Amidst this period of uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, we have implemented extra precautions to ensure everyone stays healthy. You may be wondering what your upcoming appointment experience will be like with the many protocol changes happening daily.
Rest assured that all of our ophthalmologists, like all medical professionals, are following strict hygiene and disinfection guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Disinfecting all surfaces between every patient and throughout the day
- Following social distancing protocols in waiting areas
Although you’ll still get the same high-level of care from our doctors, things might look and feel a little different during your next appointment at our office.
Here’s what to expect during your next visit:
- Please come prepared to wear your own facemask throughout your visit at our office. Masks covering both nose and mouth are recommended.
- Patient arrives no more than 15 minutes prior to scheduled appointment time. We request that you come alone to your appointment. If you need assistance, you may have 1 person in the office with you (drivers remain outside in their vehicle). Children may only be accompanied at their appointment by 1 parent/guardian.
- Upon entering the office, the patient proceeds to either the check in desk or the optical center following CDC recommended social distancing guidelines.
- Patients arriving for their scheduled appointments will be greeted by a staff member. The front desk staff will request insurance cards and a photo ID to scan into patient chart. If you have a list of medications, please bring those along to your appointment and present them to the technician to review your patient record.
- Upon completion of patient registration, the patient will be offered to sit in our waiting area until called by a member of our team to begin their visit with us.
- The technician collects information for the patient chart, including reason for visit and to understand any patient concerns. This information is documented in electronic record for the physician to review. If ordered by the physician, the patient visit may include other diagnostic testing. Most patient appointments may require dilation.
- Doctor will examine patient and discuss patient eye health.
- Patient is escorted to check out desk to schedule any follow-up appointments and collect any co-pay or payments due.
- If the patient received a new eyeglass prescription, the patient may pick it up in the optical center. The patient is welcome to browse our optical center or take their prescription with them at the conclusion of their appointment. Our optical center is ready to assist you with all of your eyeglass needs.
- Please allow adequate time (minimum of an hour) for a new patient visit due to the thorough assessment of your eye health needs.
Cancelled appointments or surgeries:
If you had an appointment or surgery that had to be cancelled, please know that we are diligently working to re-schedule all missed appointments as soon as possible. The prioritization of appointments is something our staff continues to focus on daily. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we all adapt to these new circumstances.
We hope that you and your family remain safe and healthy. Thank you for continuing to trust Manning, Rommel & Thode Associates with your eye care needs and for your patience as we navigate this unpredictable time.