At Manning, Rommel & Thode Associates, we have always been committed to maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our patients and staff. For over 20 years, we have been committed to the highest standards of care, treatment, and surgical innovation throughout Lancaster County. Amidst this period of uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, we have implemented extra precautions to ensure everyone stays healthy. You may be wondering what your upcoming appointment experience will be like with the many protocol changes happening daily.
Rest assured that all of our ophthalmologists, like all medical professionals, are following strict hygiene and disinfection guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Screening patients’ temperatures upon arrival
- Disinfecting all surfaces between every patient and throughout the day
- Following social distancing protocols in waiting areas
- Minimizing our patient schedule
Although you’ll still get the same high-level of care from our doctors, things might look and feel a little different during your next appointment at our office.
Here’s what to expect during your next visit:
- Prior to your appointment, please come prepared to wear your own facemask throughout your entire appointment at our office.
- Upon arrival, you will be greeted by a staff member at our front door. The greeter will take your temperature in our vestibule and verify your personal information.
- We request that you come alone to your appointment. You may have only one person with you (drivers should remain outside or in their vehicle) if you need assistance. Please let us know in advance if you need assistance when you receive your appointment reminder phone call.
- A technician will then escort you to an exam room, where you will remain for the duration of your visit.
- Once you have seen the doctor, you will then be escorted by a technician to the check-out desk to conclude your appointment.
- If you require our optical department for eyeglass services, someone at check-out will escort you to an optical station. Otherwise, a staff member will escort you to the front door to exit the building.
Canceled appointments or surgeries:
If you had an appointment or surgery that had to be cancelled, please know that we are diligently working to re-schedule all missed appointments as soon as possible. The prioritization of appointments is something our staff continues to focus on daily. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we all adapt to these new circumstances.
We hope that you and your family remain safe and healthy. Thank you for continuing to trust Manning, Rommel & Thode Associates with your eye care needs and for your patience as we navigate this unpredictable time.